Fraud and Abuse
Fraud Risk Management
The City Auditor has the primary responsibility for conducting hotline and fraud investigations and assessing compliance with the City’s Fraud Risk Management Policy.
What is Fraud?
Fraud is any illegal act characterized by deceit, concealment, or violation of trust with the intention of obtaining an advantage for himself or herself or for a third party or parties, avoiding an obligation, or causing loss to another party. Fraud includes offences such as, but not limited to, deception, bribery, forgery, extortion, corruption, theft, embezzlement, misappropriation, false representation, concealment of material facts, and collusion.
Fraud, Waste and Abuse Hotline
To report anonymously, call 1-844-818-2492 to speak with a live operator, or visit Lighthouse Anonymous Reporting at: https://www.lighthouse-services.com/cityofgainesville
- Describe your concern and provide as much detail as possible.
- Give the dates and times the incident occurred and where it happened.
- Provide any supporting documentation.
To report other issues:
- Harassment and discrimination Issues: call the Equal Opportunity Office at 352-334-5051
- Workers' Compensation Fraud Issues: call Risk Management at 352-334-5045
- Employee Relations Issues: call Human Resources at 352-334-5077
- General City services matters: report in MYGNV app.