Foundations After-School Academy
Foundations After-School Academy
Tuesday, August 10, 2021 through Friday, May 27, 2022
Register now, in person PRCA Administrative Office at the Thomas Center, Building B, 3rd Floor, 306 NE Sixth Ave., 32601, Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.–5 p.m. or online!
- The dates of the program based on the newly adopted SBAC 2021-22 calendar.
- There is no after-school program on city-recognized holidays.
The Foundations Academy After-School Program provides children and youth in grades 1 through 8 with a safe and engaging environment, that incorporates hands-on activities. Activities will effectively adapt to individual and small group needs, connecting with participants’ interests and experiences including: academics and enrichment, community service projects, field trips, physical activity and nutrition.
Download and complete the Registration Form(PDF, 136KB)
Offered at the following locations:
- Albert “Ray” Massey Recreation Center, 1001 NW 34th Street, 352-334-2186
- Eastside Community Center, 2841 East University Avenue, 352-334-2714, transportation available from Williams Elementary School
- Phoenix Community Center, 3113-B SW 26th Drive, 352-240-6179. Child must reside in the Phoenix Neighborhood.
- Porters Community Center, 512 SW 2nd Avenue, 352-334-3366
Program Hours: Monday–Friday, 2–6 p.m.
Weekly Fees (effective Oct. 1, 2021):
- $20.50 per week (resident), proof of residency required
- $30.50 per week (non-resident
Full scholarships are available for families that qualify through the School Board of Alachua County (SBAC) for free or reduced lunch. Families can also qualify through the City of Gainesville Family Application for Reduced Fees. You can request proof of free or reduced lunch through your child’s school by calling the SBAC’s Food Service Office at 352-955-7539 (ext. 1569). You can also provide us with the most recent "Notice of Case Action" letter from DCF or bring the last four weeks of pay-stubs for the household to qualify.
For additional information, please contact our Administrative Office (Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.) by email, phone us at 352-334-5067 or visit us in person at the Thomas Center (306 NE Sixth Ave.), Bldg B, 3rd Floor.
Foundations Academy does not provide the after-school program on the following dates:
- Labor Day: Monday, September 6, 2021
- UF Homecoming: Friday, October 8, 2021
- Teacher Workday: Friday, October 15, 2021
- Veteran's Day: Thursday, November 11, 2021
- Thanksgiving Week: Monday, November 22 – Friday, November 26, 2021
- Winter Holiday: Monday, December 20 – Friday, December 31, 2021 (10 weekdays)
- New Year’s Holiday: Monday, January 3, 2022
- Teacher Workday: Friday, January 14, 2022
- Martin Luther King, Jr Holiday: Monday, January 17, 2022
- President’s Day: Monday, February 21, 2022
- Spring Break: Monday, March 21 – Friday, March 25, 2022
- Teacher Workday: Monday, March 28, 2022
The Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs Department offers themed camps based on school breaks throughout the year. Winter Break and Spring Break Camp prices are $58.00 for resident and $97.25 for non-city residents. Proof of residency required. There are no scholarships offered for these camps. Prices effective Oct. 1, 2021.
- Winter Break Camp: Monday, December 27, 2021 through Thursday, December 30, 2021
- Spring Break Camp: Monday, March 21, 2022 through Friday, March 25, 2022