Youth Coed Basketball = Sportsmanship + Character!
Practices take place at the Martin Luther King Jr. Multipurpose Center. Games begin in January and take place in Alachua County and the surrounding areas.
There are limited spaces available! Register early because teams fill quickly.
The registration fees:
- 5-6-year-olds: city residents $78.75, non-city residents $116.50
- 7-14-year-olds: city residents $99.75, non-city residents $150.50
*Proof of residency (GRU bill or voter ID card) is required for city residents. Prices effective October 1, 2022. $15 Off Scholarships are available for families that are directly certified through the School Board of Alachua County (SBAC) for free or reduced lunch. You can request proof of free or reduced lunch by calling the SBAC’s Food Service Office at 352-955-7539 ext. 1569.
Register in person at the PRCA Administrative Office located at Thomas Center Building B, 3rd Floor, 306 NE Sixth Avenue, Gainesville, FL 32601; Monday through Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Spots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Important Dates—all at Martin Luther King Jr. Multipurpose Center (MLK), on 1028 NE 14th Street:
- Registration opens Monday, October 3
- Registration closes Wednesday, November 30, 2022; no registrations are accepted after this date.
- Parent meetings: Will be held on the first practice day for your team
- Practice starts the week of Monday, December 19. Not every team will begin practice the same day.
- Player evaluations:
- Monday, December 12 for kids ages 5-6 at 6 p.m.; ages 7-8 at 7:30 p.m.; and ages 9-10 at 8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 13 for kids ages 11-12 at 6 pm; ages 13-14 at 7:30 pm; and make-up evaluation for all ages at 8:30 p.m.
- Games start: Monday, January 9, 2023
- Season ends: Friday, February 24, 2023
Registration Form and Parent Packet
2022-23 Registration Form(PDF, 115KB)
2022-23 Basketball Parent Packet(PDF, 278KB)
PAYS Instructions (must bring this certificate to register)(PDF, 177KB)
In person registration:
When: Registration opens on Monday, Oct. 3. and closes Wednesday, Nov. 30. No registrations are accepted after this date.
Where: PRCA Administrative Office located at Thomas Center Building B, 3rd Floor, 306 NE Sixth Avenue, Gainesville, FL 32601; Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
What to Bring: Birth certificate, proof of residency*, free lunch certificate (if applying for the scholarship**) completed registration form and the PAYS form. You obtain or renew this at https://www.nays.org/paysonline/.
Your Child Will Not Be Registered Without These Documents!!
**A $15 scholarship will be offered to those who have been approved through the school board to receive free/reduced lunch. You may also apply for this scholarship through our PRCA office at the time of registration. Please provide one of the following at registration: a certificate from SBAC, your SNAP/TANF number or pay stubs from the most recent 4 weeks, at the time of registration.
The following items are included in the registration fee:
- Team jersey and shorts. Jerseys and shorts. Must be worn at all league games.
- Seven to nine-season games, plus end-of-season tournament for ages 7 and up.
Refunds are given only before the first game’s date.
Mandatory Parent Meeting
Mandatory Parent Meeting will take place at the first practice.
Official First Week of Practice: Monday, December 19.
Practice schedules and team rosters will be posted Saturday, December 10. Expect a call from your coach about practice times.
Practice Times and Days: Monday-Thursday between 6:00pm- 8:50pm. The City will determine practice dates and times based on final registration numbers. Schedules will be distributed the weekend before the first week of practice.
Free Skills Clinics
Free Basketball Clinics Offered by the Coaching Staff of Eastside High School
- Mon., December 5: 6-8 p.m. for ages 10 and under
- Wed., December 7: 6-8 p.m. for ages 11-14
Location: MLK, Jr. Multi-Purpose Center, 1028 NE 14th Street, 32602
Participants registered in the City of Gainesville Youth Basketball League can attend the clinics to spend time learning techniques and skills with Eastside High School’s Junior Varsity and Varsity Basketball Teams and coaching staff. These events are free of charge!
Janielle Burney, Recreation Leader – Athletics
Scholarships for $15 Off Registration
**A $15 scholarship will be offered to those who have been approved through the school board to receive free/reduced lunch. You may also apply for this scholarship through our PRCA office at the time of registration. Please provide one of the following at registration: a certificate from SBAC, your SNAP/TANF number or pay stubs from the most recent 4 weeks, at time of registration.
Mandatory Player Evaluation Dates
Player evaluations: *All participants are required to attend player evaluation night. Participants will not be placed on a team until they have attended the player evaluation.
Monday, December 12
- 5/6 Division: 6 p.m.
- 7/8 Division: 7 p.m.
- 9/10 Division: 8 p.m.
Tuesday, December 13
- 11/12 Division: 6 p.m.
- 13/14 Division: 7 p.m.
- Make-up Evaluation All Ages: 8 p.m.
All players will be evaluated and assigned a team. Placement will be determined through the mandatory evaluations. We do not accept requests for specific coaches. See you on the court!
We teach our youth that character counts! We teach Fairness, Caring, Citizenship, Respect, Responsibility and Trustworthiness while focusing on academic achievement.
Be a Volunteer coach and make a positive impact in a child’s life!
- To be a volunteer coach, just click on the Volunteer Application button. Please fill it out completely, sign it and email to PRCAvolunteer@gainesvillefl.gov
- Just click on the Background Check button fill out the confidential background form and click submit! It’s that easy!
VOLUNTEER APPLICATION(PDF, 121KB)