The Michelle Park Family Recreation Scholarship honors the legacy of the City of Gainesville, Parks, recreation and Cultural Affairs’ former assistant sirector, Michelle Park. She worked tirelessly in the parks and recreation field for over 40 years and was dedicated to creating access for individuals and families to the department’s programming.
To provide a scholarship for one year to one City of Gainesville low-to-moderate income family, to participate in nature, recreation and cultural activities provided by the City of Gainesville Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs Department.
One scholarship valued at $1,500, will be awarded and can be used from Jan. 1-December 31, 2024 to enjoy activities such as:
- After-school program and day camps for school breaks and teacher holidays
- Access to the Wellness Center at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Multipurpose Center
- Tickets to cultural events
- An annual pass to the Sweetwater Wetlands Park
- Adult and youth recreation and sports activities